The use of probiotics has increased in recent years as more and more people are becoming aware of the health benefits of Probiotics.
The major problem consumers and aspiring consumers face daily is which one to choose as there seem to be thousands of Probiotic supplements on the market shelves and if you ever wanted to buy one, you see it could really get embarrassing not knowing which one to choose from. At this point, you would want to seek someone’s opinion, maybe an expert or just someone who has used one in the past to help with their own experience.
Having tried out a couple of them myself and also have spoken with few other people who have used one or two different brands of Probiotics in the last 6 months, I put together a review of the top rated probiotic supplements you can trust.
Top Rated Over Counter Probiotics.
Here are my top rated over counter probiotics supplements to choose from based on my personal research and also from the experience of using some of the products from the list of my recommendation. Note also that we interviewed people who have used these products in the past 8 – 14 months and we were able to come out with this list.
1. Nutrition Essentials Probiotics.
This product top our list of high rated probiotics supplements in 2017. It is in deed one of the best probiotics supplements you can find on the market today and of course, its price is relatively low compared to others whose quality in terms of nutritional and probiotic contents are low.
About The Product – Nutrition Essentials.
Nutrition Essentials is one of the most potent Probiotic supplements you can trust any time any day. Made under strict GMP and FDA certified lab in the USA, the product has over the years gained much popularity in the USA and across the world because of its efficacy, and is probably the most patronized probiotic product in the USA.
Here are some of the things that make this product stood out among many others.
- Made in the USA and in total compliance with GMP.
- Contains the highest number of CFUs per serving, probably more than any probiotic supplement in the market. CFU -Colony Forming Units – a unit of measurement in probiotics to determine the number of live and active bacteria.
This product contains; Lacto Spore(Bacillus Coagulans), Calcium Carbonate, Stearic Acid, and Silicone Dioxide, Vegetable Cellulose, NatraFlora (Fructooligasaccharide).
- Made in the USA – Products made in the USA are made to pass through certain regulatory standards before been satisfied fit for consumption and you can be sure Nutrition Essentials pass through all the hurdles.
- The CFUs content per serving is 2x more than what is obtained in similar products, this made this product of higher quality and potency for its consumers.
- Contains all friendly and natural probiotics ingredients.
- No chemical additive and preservatives and certainly no GMO.
- 100% no satisfaction money back guarantee.
- Some people might react negatively to the active ingredients.
- There have been some reported cases of stomach upset after usage, headache, heartburn and weakened system after usage.
- Capsule/Tab might seem bigger than expected.
With a 100 % money no satisfaction money back guarantee coupled with a reasonable price at $19.99, it would be a bad idea if you give nutrition essentials a look in when looking at taking probiotics for what ever reason.
2. Hyperbiotics Pro-15
This is another amazing probiotic supplement that has gotten lots of head on and rightly gotten our nod. This product has proven over the last few months to be reliable and head and shoulder on above your everyday probiotics supplement you see over the counter. Read Full Review Here!
With 5 billion CFU per tablet and 15 probiotic strains including Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium lactis hyperbiotics is surely your perfect brand of probiotics any day any time.
- Works throughout the day releasing microorganisms steadily and consistently thereby avoiding stomach upset as with the case with other capsules.
- Works effectively in controlling IBS and other GI challenges.
- Helps with full absorption of minerals and other nutrients making you more energetic and full of life.
- Because it improves metabolism, fat burning is accelerated and intestinal fat quickly converted to energy and body fuel.
- Overall, improve the immune system of the gut and reduce all symptoms of Gastro Intestinal disorders.
Proprietary Probiotic Blend: L. plantarum, L. fermentum, L. acidophilus, B. infantis, L. casei, B. longum, L. rhamnosus, B. lactis, L. reuteri, L. salivarius, L. paracasei, L. gasseri, S. thermophilus, B. bifidum, B. breve.
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Pectin, Stearic Acid, Sodium Carbonate, Guar Gum, Turmeric.
- Hyperbiotics is made in the USA under strict quality control and FDA guides and in a GMP Certified Facility.
- Contains all natural probiotics ingredients including prebiotics.
- Contains no lactose and also free of Gluten and is vegetarian-friendly.
- Pearls are easy to swallow as they are relatively small compared to others with larger than necessary and hard capsules.
- No satisfaction 100 % money back guarantee.
- Some ingredients might have adverse effects on some people.
- There has been reported cases of heart burn and stomach upset especially when taken on empty stomach.
Regardless of some few negative reactions reported, hyperbiotics has proven over the years to be a probiotic supplement you can trust any day.
At $24.95 a bottle, hyperbiotics is a product most people can afford on a good day. You might want to get a bottle for yourself and probably for a loved one as there is a guarantee if you are not satisfied.
Optimum probiotic is a probiotic supplement from Dr. Tobias that combines both probiotics and prebiotic PreForPro. Prebiotics are fibers that serve as food to live microorganisms in our bodies, meaning probiotics feeds well on prebiotics. Packed with 4.4billion CFU, optimum probiotics is surely a product to consider when looking at the best probiotic supplement to take.
Dr. Tobias optimum probiotics supplement contains 4 different types of probiotic strains, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium lactic, Bacillus Coagulens (spore forming strain), and DE111® (spore forming strain).
- Made in the USA under FDA regulated and GMP compliance facilities, optimum probiotics has no room for GMO as all ingredients are natural.
- Unlike other probiotics supplements out there, Dr. Tobias optimum probiotics help the growth of beneficial bacteria while fighting against the bad or disease causing bacteria.
- Very effective in small doses in hours and reaches deep down the intestine and alive.
- Boost immune system.
- Long shelf – life and needs no refrigeration.
Ingredients and Cell Counts:
4.4 billion CFU in 4 probiotic strains including: DE111 ™ (Bacillus subtilis), Bacillus Coagulans, Lactobacillus acidophilus, and Bifidobacterium lactic and PreforPro® probiotic booster including 4 bacteriophages: LH01–Myoviridae, LL5–Siphoviridae, T4D–Myoviridae, and LL12–Myoviridae
Other Ingredients: Vegetable cellulose (DRcaps), maltodextrin and medium chain triglycerides.
- Made in USA under strict regulatory guides.
- Capsules are acid resistance meaning all the bacteria contains in the capsules get to your gut alive, unlike other products that might have lesser bacteria alive by the time it gets to your gut.
- Easy to store as there is no need of refrigeration.
- Feeds only the good bacteria while fighting against the bad ones.
- There is no offer of money back guarantee should you find the product ineffective and unsatisfied.
- There have been reported cases of bloating and stomach upset in user.
- It may not be good for allergic persons as it is manufactured in a facility that also may process other products like soy, milk, wheat, egg, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, and crustacean shellfish.
I have seen and read lots of review on this product from other people, some negative and lots more positive. Regardless, Dr. Tobias deep immune optimum probiotic supplements sure have lots of benefits and I am sure your guts would better after taking this product. Price is $22.45 and contains 60 capsules to be taken 2 daily.
4 Now Probiotics.
Another probiotic supplement that has gotten our nod on the competitive list of top rated probiotic supplement in the market is the now-probiotics. A product of Nowfoods, talkthis amazing brand of probiotics is one of the talks about the product on the market and rightly included in our star studded list of quality and highly rated brands of probiotics you find this year. Read Full Review Here!
Now probiotics offer a rich balanced spectrum of live organisms consisting of acid-resistant probiotic bacterial strains that will ensure your probiotics gets deep down to your guts all alive.
- Contains 10 different strains of probiotics and is formulated to deliver a potency of 25 Billion CFU per serving.
- Contains Fructooligosaccharides, which may help the growth of friendly bacteria within the gut.
- Contains Lactobacillus plantarum strain which has been known to help fight against disease causing bacteria and also may be helpful in depression and also help improve the immune system of the gut.
Proprietary Blend of 10 Strains of Probiotic Bacteria: Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus salivarious, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus paracasei, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium breve, Bifidobacterium longum, Streptococcus thermophilus, Other Ingredients: Cellulose, Cellulose (capsule), FOS (Fructooligosaccharides), Ascorbyl Palmitate and Silica. Contains no salt, starch, wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, shellfish or preservatives. Vegetarian/Vegan Product.
- The capsules are acid-resistant meaning when taken all the bacteria contained in the capsules will get to your gut alive.
- Contains substances that will not only add good bacteria to your gut but also those that will fight the bad and disease causing bacteria making you feel energetic and healthier.
- Vegan and vegetarian-friendly.
- Manufactured under strict GMP quality assured facility.
- No money back guarantee to mean you might not be claiming for a refund should the product failed to meet up with your target, though you can get a refund if you buy through amazon.com.
- Some people might react negatively to the ingredients.
- Few reported cases of stomach pain and bloating.
- Needs refrigeration which to me is not cool because it makes a bit difficult to preserve.
Talk to your doctor before using this product if you have a medical condition or on prescription.
Pregnant women are also excepted from taking this product.
Not also recommended for children.
Now probiotic has proven over the years to be among the top brands of probiotic as evident from the many positive feedback from users and the price is relatively and considerably friendly at $13.51. It’s not a bad idea to give now probiotic a go, you could get your money back with 30 days if you buy through Amazon.
5. GS-Supplements Probiotics Dietary Supplement.
This is another top notch, high rated probiotic supplement that has gotten our nod on our highly competitive list.
GS-Supplements probiotics dietary supplement has some awesome ingredients which made it attractive to consumers of probiotic supplements. Out of the many people we spoke with that have used this product, just a negligible few that have some negative things to say about this product.
- This product is made in the USA and contains 30 billion CFUs per serving making it one of the products with a higher CFUs on the market at the moment.
- Contains 13 essential strains of probiotic including Lactobacillus acidophilu and Bacillus coagulans.
- Formulated to act in the digestive system by releasing beneficial and essential bacteria in your gut.
- Manufactured in an FDA and GMP approved facility.
- Fomulated for adults and good for vegans.
- Product contains 60 capsules and to be taken 2caps a day.
30billion cells with 13 different strains. Other Ingredients:
L. Acidophilus, L. Rhamnosus, B. Longum, B. Breve, L. Casei, B. coagulans, S. Thermophilus, B. Breve, B. Infantis, L. Gasseri, L. Reuteri, L. Fermentum, S. Bouldari.
- Made in the USA under FDA and GMP standard and approved facility, you can be sure of the safety.
- Beneficial to vegetarians as well and thats great.
- Capsules contain a delayed release formula.
- The capsules are a bit bigger and that may prove difficult for some people to swallow.
- some ingredients may cause an adverse reaction in some people like bloating and stomach upset.
- No money back guarantee except if you are buying through Amazon.
- It must be refrigerated which may be difficult for some people.
- Only for adults meaning children can not take it.
Their are some few negative reviews about Gaia Probiotics dietary supplement probably from users but it is completely understood as it is not expected that everyone would have the result after using this product.
That being said, I think this product would be a great product to take based on my experience having taken few capsules for few days. I stopped because I got another one to try out.
The anotgher thing is the price, in my opinion, it has a great price at $19.99 with a 30 days Amazon refund policy, you wouldn’t want to miss out on this product.
Thank you for reading and if you have any question, do use the comment section below and be rest assured that we will get back to you.